Judith has today welcome the launch of the Public Health Agency (PHA) ovarian cancer awareness programme, which will see leaflets and posters distributed across Northern Ireland to highlight the signs and symptoms of the illness. The programme is being launched in partnership with Target Ovarian Cancer and Angels of Hope.
If you are over 50, the early symptoms to look out for include:
• persistent bloating for three weeks or more;
• persistent pelvic and abdominal pain;
• difficulty eating or feeling full quickly;
• needing to pee urgently or more frequently than normal;
• changes in bowel habit;
• extreme fatigue (feeling very tired);
• unexplained weight loss.